Sunday, June 24, 2012

[Deck Profile] I heard you liek Utopia!

I utopia everytime I see a Battle Pack box opening for much Utopias, but get disappointed as people pull filthy stuff like Tour Guide From the Underworld, Fiendish Chain or even Forbidden Lance.

I for myself pulled enough Utopias. I really like those Utopia reprints. We can never have enought. And yes, please count them.

Note: The Playmat.
As you may notice, not all of them were Battle Pack. On the other hand, I like the Purple Rare and the Gold Rare more then the other Utopias. Sadly there is no Orange Rare. So thats for that.

Oh yeah, we have a deck review this week, right? Ah well, here ya have it, folks.


Way to less Utopia.
Monster (26):
2x Judgment Dragon
3x Elemental HERO Alius Neos
3x Tour Guide From the Underworld
3x Maxx "C"
2x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2x Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1x Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
1x Elemental HERO Stratos
1x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1x Honest
1x Sangan
1x Effect Veiler

Spells (12):
3x Miracle Fusion
3x Solar Recharge
1x Charge of the Light Brigade
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Future Fusion
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Hole

Traps (2):
2x Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck (15):
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Leviar the Sea Dragon
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
1x Blade Armor Ninja
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number C39: Utopia Ray
2x Elemental HERO The Shining
1x Elemental HERO Great Tornado


Enought Utopia talk, I utopia at least.

This weeks deck review is about HEROsworn, a deck I already build way before it was cool. Ok, it never was, but by that I mean before it was even something like legal. It was a very strange deck. It played with 3s of each Charge, Solar Recharge, Gemini Spark, Destiny Draw, Miracle Fusion and other stuff you were allowed to play back then. It was pretty fast and had very strong plays but lasted like 2 weeks until it got destroyed by le banlist.

I already told you a lot about Lightsworns, also a lot about HEROs. The combination of both worlds is a combination of two beatdown decks. Lightsworns is a very fast deck of beaters. HEROs is able to Special Summon Fusion Monsters out of nowhere.

It is a plain simple to play deck. You always wish to mill certain cards, but in the end you won't be able to tell what you will mill, obviously. I tried Wulf in combination with Future Fusion and even Zephyros with Escuriado, but both didn't work out, as they're to dependent on what you draw.

A good target for Leviair is always Stratos, so it is something considered to banish.


Anyway, some other thoughts I had as soon as the Samurai Structure Deck was released.

I like the holo thing more. It's so shiny.
How would a tournament turn out for two players playing the exact same deck just one being holo'd out and one being as common as possible? Would one get better just because of luck or would one feel a better randomnation? Does one player feel more like stacking his own deck?

Do cards of the same rarity stack together more in the holo out deck, or do the same cards stacke more together in a common deck?

Questions over questions I try to find out. I might be able to, but I won't know until some people tested it out for me. I hope to provide some results anytime in the future, because it's a topic I thought about for a long time.


So people, I utopia you enjoyed this article. Somehow. I want more reprints, Konami.

~~MasterSephiroth

5 comments:

  1. You are my hero. I hope you know that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, when I had to prove that I was not a robot by inputting two words, one of the words was a number. I demand a refund for faulty packaging.

      Delete
    2. I now know that. I'm pleased to be your hero.

      Delete
  2. What's the card between SS Zanji and LSS Enishi??
    By Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Enough Utopias, can't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete