Sunday, October 9, 2011

[Deck Profile] GustoNarch

Following the DT-Deck Featuring I, just like MasterSephiroth have been testing them ever since they have been out in Japan, in fact, me and ChaosAngel are the persons who are delivering this Team with Duel Terminal Cards...

Now in order to safe up time and temporary cash, MasterSephiroth and me decided roughly 1,5 years ago, that we will be testing different archtypes which are featured in Duel Terminal. My focus was originally on Gishiki and Gusto, while Sephiroth was testing Steelswarm and Vylon. There were no serious testing on Gemknight and Laval, simply because we saw no potential in them... and honesty... we still do not see it now.

So, during the time the 11th Duel Terminal Set was announced we saw High Potential within the new Gishiki Tetra Ogre... that's when we have decided to both start working on a Gishiki Sworn Deck, and for my case, I only had Gusto left for personal testing, while Sephiroth dropped Vylon some time after due to the miss-timing of their OTK....

So finally, here's the Gusto Deck which I am currently playing.


23 Monsters:
3x Caam, Serinity of Gusto
3x Caius the Shadow Monarch
2x Junk Synchron
2x Tragoedia

6 Spells:
1x Emergency Teleport
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Mystical Space Typhoon

11 Traps:
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Icarus Attack
1x Mirror Force
2x Solemn Warning
1x Starlight Road

Extra Deck:
1x Catastor
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Brionac
1x Gaia
1x Magical Android
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Hyper Librarian
1x Tough Ruler Archfiend
2x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu


Now this Deck made some serious Changes since the time I've started playing it.
As you might see in the Extra Deck, there are the remains of my old build, which was played BEFORE the new Bannlist.

I used to play 3 Dark Simorgh in this Deck and used Ultimate Axon Kicker. The whole strategy was simple: Starting off by using Krebons for any kind of Psychic Synchro... once that monster died, I started summoning Dark Simorgh or Ultimate Axon Kicker to deal the final damage. I also splashed in Flying Kamakiri and Delta Flyer for instant Tough Ruler Archfiend or Stardust Dragon... also I used Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi instead of Icarus Attack for various reasons... but due to the banning of Mind Master as well as the Come Back of Chaos there was by any means no reason left to keep playing Dark Simorgh. So what happened to this Deck was to change it from Simorgh Archfiend Control to a Synchro Monarch Deck, which is still very playable.

So far I had not experienced any trouble winning with this Deck except for playing against Steelswarm. It's kind of funny since Sephiroth and me managed to wipe up our fields every single turn and manage to deal a quite of a high amount of damage. The only advantage and that for reason why Steelswarm had most of the time the upper hand was because of Girastag. Not only that he send all my Aces to the grave ignoring their negation effect (apart from Tough Ruler Archfiend who has proved to be the game breaker in this match up) but also giving the controller of it 1000 LP... it's exactly those 1000-3000 LP gained with it which kept MasterSephiroth alive while I ran out of LP.

Still... overall Gusto is not bad... it's even more than Decent... if you would like you can even call it Good. Coming to the second generation of Duel Terminal Archtypes this would be my second choice with Steelswarm being my first choice. Though when it comes to Gameplay rather than being competitive, Gusto would be my first choice.

-Kimika

1 comment:

  1. Lol Noob Deck. I recommend you only gusto monsters.
    Without those cards of remobing, or negating opponent summon. after all the deck is for summon from destructions. So u need opponents monsters. also is a synchro deck. so extra deck should be only Daigusto, or use some other psy. ones.

    ReplyDelete