Sunday, September 25, 2011

[Deck Profile] Dark World Chaos

Hello ladies and Gentle Duelists

This is yo-chaosangel here, There are 3 D s that I do.


I draw, I draw and I duel!I love to draw, drawing pictures thats cute and smecksi!I love to draw, drawing cards from decks, keep on drawing, I want advantage!

I love to duel, life is all about dueling! Games or thinking or drawing. Stay competitive and keep on going forward!

I'm the new writer here on Troll decking and I live in Hong Kong, and studied in UK.That made me play both OCG and TCG, so I am probably going to bring you guys a lot of hybrid decks.


As of this week, since the new Dark World Structure is coming out soon, I am going to show you guys one of the builds I have been playing most of my time.


(click to enlarge)

[Dark Chaos]
Monster (18)
1x Chaos Solider – Envoy of the Beginning (I refuse to call him BLS)
3x Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
3x Fabled Raven
2x Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World
3x Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
1x Morphing Jar
1x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1x Sillva, Warlord of Dark World
3x Snow, Unlight of Dark World

Spell (12)
1x Card Destruction
1x Dark Hole
3x Dark World Dealing
2x Dark World Lightning
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
3x The Gates of Dark World

Trap (11)
2x Bottomless Traphole
3x Deck Devastation Virus
2x Mind Crush
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
1x Trap Dustshoot

Sometimes I think 40 carded-deck and 3 copies each can create bad hands, so like 5th gadget, I have made the deck go over the 40 minimum requirement.

Anyway back to the important, important work. Firstly this deck started with no lights at all, it was a standard Dark World, but soon I realized it was too slow, there was nothing to fuel the graveyard. So the second version (before the new ban list) I added 3 Ryko and 1 Brigade, and it worked great because it boosted up momentum quickly, what was suppose to be a mid-game or late game move, has moved forward for earlier usage.

But that isn't enough as the metagame told me one thing, if I Deck Dev Virus my opponent, I win. DDV crushes most of the decks nowadays and it will give you great control over your opponent that is no joke. After much testing, I have also realized that Dark World is no longer a beatdown orientated deck. It has became a deck that has to slowly cripple the opponent bit by bit and DDV is just the piece that does that!
After the September banlist, I have started to change the deck so I can optimize the power of DDV and thanks to konami, Mind Crush is back to two, making the Dustshoot even more playable.

At the beginning I tried to avoid using Raven, for 2 reasons, first, the playing style isn't standard beatdown, and secondly doesn't really create threats. But now, its a total different story.

Although I have dropped the Ryko to 1, because I can't afford to have my important spell and trap cards milled to the graveyard, but it is interesting to play with one single copy. Dark World decks don't often set monsters, if they do, usually it is a Morphing Jar, and players tends to be extra cautious when they see a sett monster in DW. As a result most of them will set their backrow and because of this, your DW Lightning has became more stable and Heavy Storm has become more devastating. Mind games are so awesome!

The deck lacks MST, but again, do we need them? Lightning can effectively do the same job and it is more versatile because you can hit a set monster for offense if needed. The lack of Mirror Force and Torrential isn't a major issue at all, believe it or not, your opponent won't have that many chance to attack you anyway. The weak monsters are gone with virus, the strong monsters can be Warned and Bottomless'd, and they have to be at least 2700! If they have things you can't deal with, Mind Crush them! Once you have seen their hand, the control is yours.

This deck can be difficult to play, and believe me, you can still win by -4 card advantage first turn (by using lightning on your own card to get a 2000+atk DW on field and DDV it).

Next time probably another Dark World deck, but with different twists and probably another with the TCG exclusives.


Finally, the picture of Goldd-chan for everyone~


This is yo-chaosangel, peace out~

3 comments:

  1. what? 41 cards? why wouldn't you play with 40 cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its more a personal thing.
    I find using 41 cards in certain decks helps.
    such as a deck with 3s of a lot of things. adding 1 card in the deck decreases the chance of drawing them, but at the same time you won't be drawing into same cards at the start of game as much as before.

    The concept is like 5th Gadget, you need 3x every gadget in the deck, but you draw too much multiples in your hand. Running 6 isn't enough.
    So you increase the deck size to adjust probability in drawing the cards.

    If I am playing another deck that has multiple OPTIONS, for example Tengu Plant, it will be 40, because the power of the deck comes from having different combinations at the precise time, to create first wave of battle, second wave and third and so on.

    So it really depends on the concept off your deck. But I don't recommend decks go to 42. At 42 the probability starts to really fluctuate a lot, especially the restricted cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oke... Yo that deck is mean.... very mean Oo
    otks second turn? no problem... two graphas second turn and opponent has no field? even nice and sometimes i don't draw things like that. Doesn't care dustshoot and mind crush starthand isn't as bad xD I draw fucking great :D
    Thanks for this ;)

    greez
    The Photoshop-Yugo

    ReplyDelete